Thursday, April 14, 2011

This lipstick ROCKS and it was $5.99!!!! Easy, breezy...covergirl!! haha...

I have to share this with you guys!!  Okay, I saw a review on Amalia's (Dear Makeup Diary) blog about some CoverGirl lipsticks....she swatched some and raved about them!!  I really liked the color  255 "Delish".  I decided I had to have it lol.  I bought it for $5.99 at Drug Mart.  Here's the swatch!
It's a sort of peachy nude.  It's not too frosty nor glittery and the formula is really smooth.  The smell brings back memories of me playing in my mom's lipstick when I was little lol.  It doesn't have a strong smell...that's just what it reminds me of haha...  Anyway...I applied it around 10:45 am...I usually reapply often throughout the day with my MAC lipsticks (oh how I love the colors but damn you MAC, they just don't seem to last lol).  I checked around 1pm and WOW it still looked like I just put it on!!!  I honestly didn't reapply it all day.  Here's what it looked like when I got home from work at 5pm
I've usually reapplied my lipstick half a dozen times by now lol.  I wore MAC draw me close lipliner and filled my lips in with the lipliner before applying the lipstick, so that does help it stay on a bit longer...but I always do that with my lipliners.  It didn't dry out my lips at all and it didn't seep into all the lines in my lips like some lipsticks do.  I am totally %100 percent loving this lipstick!!  I will definitely try out other shades!!  And for $5.99 a tube, I could own them alllll haha.  Here's a swatch of it freshly applied (I don't have lipliner on in this pic).  Oh and please excuse the way I look lol...I just took this pic and I put my makeup on this morning!!  ;)

I highly recommend this lipstick!!  I didn't even wear lipgloss over it...I always do that...I like to "layer" my lipcolor hehe.  But today, I just wanted to test this out...I'm sure it will look really good paired with some gloss!!  :)  I hope all of you beauties had a wonderful day!!

9 comments:

  1. oooh I am so glad you like it and thanks for the shout out! For sure a fave! It is a really pretty shade on you! Hmm... what gloss would you pair it with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amalia: You're welcome!! And thank you for reviewing it...I would have never tried it!! I bet I would pair it with MAC Nymphette or NARS Super Orgasm...it would probably also look really good with Viva Glam Gaga 2 lipglass! I'm dying to go get other shades lol. I'll have to look at your swatches first hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look gorgeous! After Amalia's review i really want them as well but i don't think it will be coming out to aus for another little bit & it will be more expensive anyway D:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking Gaga 2 as well! Darling would be my pick for you probably ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ashii: Aww thank you!! I can send you some, if you want! =D
    @Amalia: I think I'll pair it with Gaga 2 tomorrow!! Ahhh, I almost got Darling too...but I wasn't sure. I'm gonna get it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it on you! Just gorgeous! After Amalia's review, i want these lipsticks too! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are these the CoverGirl Lip Perfections? They are AMAZING. I know you love nude lips but you gotta try Siren... it's an amazing hot pink with multi shimmer, and would be amazing with your skin/hair (there's a review on my blog somewhere haha, I think it's in the popular posts still)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Meme: Thank you! You gotta get some!
    @Cydonian: Yep!! I will have to check Siren out! I really want to try new colors...I need to branch out from my nudes haha.
    @Amalia: I wore Gaga 2 lipglass over it today...LOVED it. I also got Darling today lol. I didn't see the Queen collection though...boo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Delish and a few others and I love them! They do not dry out my lips and they stay on forever! Definitely check out Siren; it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete