Thursday, March 31, 2011

Inglot!

So, I've read so many great things about Inglot and when the website was up and running for the usa, I decided that I would give it a try!  It was so hard deciding on colors because I hadn't seen swatches and it's hard to tell what the colors actually looked like.  I almost bought a palette, but I was so confused (lol) that I just decided to get a few things.  I really like pigments...so I narrowed it down to two colors 85 and 35.  I really love MAC fluidline but the colors of Inglot's matte eyeliner gel caught my eye and I picked 75.  Finally, I went with a jumbo eye pencil 85.  Here's what it looks like:
I placed my order and was super excited.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on these goodies lol.  I actually paid an extra $20 for next day shipping.  Why?  I am so impatient...when I see makeup that I want....I have to have it...I don't want to wait very long haha.  So you can imagine my disappointment when I get a call from NewYork regarding my Inglot order.  I wasn't able to answer the call, and the voicemail said that one of the pigments I had ordered wasn't in stock.....and of course, it was the purple one!!  Ugh!!  I called back and left a message, but received no return call.  Instead, a couple of days later I get an email saying that my order had shipped.  Woohoo!!  But wait....what about #35?!  I figured maybe they were just sending me everything but that.  I felt like a kid waiting for Christmas morning to finally come.  I think it took about 7 days to arrive from the time I ordered.  I could barely get inside of my house before I was tearing the package open haha...  The pigments looked amazing...I had to swatch it all right away.  #35 is a gorgeous purple-gold color that is just so hard to describe.  #85 is a brownish-green color that sort of reminds me of MAC Club.

They go on silky smooth...but I have to be honest...I have a really hard time with fall-out from these.  I even use TFSI and NYX jumbo pencils.  I mean, like it gets all over my face...even in my hair!  I think these are best applied wet.  I don't really care for #85.  I have Club and I love it...and I'm just not in love with this pigment.  I've tried it on a few occasions and I dislike it every time.  It's just so messy.  It looks beautiful on...but it's hard to work with...it takes over every shadow and is almost impossible not to overblend.  The purple #35, I do like....but again, I don't love it.  I think I've used it maybe 3 times.  While it is simply gorgeous...it just isn't a favorite of mine.  I definitely won't be buying anymore pigments.  Here are the swatches:


From left to right...the first is #85 with UD Sin jumbo pencil as a base, second is without a base and the third is with NYX jep in black bean.  The second color is #35...the first with NYX jep in black bean as a base, the second without a base and the third with UD Sin jumbo pencil as a base (I know I did it all jumbled haha...).  The top pic is with a flash and the bottom without a flash.  The #85 looks so beautiful...and it was so hard to capture the gorgeousness of #35.  Okay onto the Matte eyeliner gel.  #75 is a deep purple and I love it.  It is so creamy and glides right on.  I even put this on my waterline and it stayed and didn't irritate my eyes (and I wear contacts).  I swatched it with MAC fluidline in macroviolet for comparison.

Macroviolet is on the top and #75 is on the bottom.  As you can tell, it's a darker richer purple and I like that.  I'm used to black, so I really wanted it deep purple.  This stuff stays on like no one else's business....it took me some scrubbing to get it off!  I still like black better but this is okay for a change every once and a while.  I haven't used it as a base yet, but I bet it would be fab.  If you're thinking about getting this gel liner, I recommend it.  The final item is the eye pencil.  I had full intentions on using this as a base.  I was super excited about the color...it's a bright turquoise blue.  I was wanting to use this under teals and blues.  However, it's a bit hard to use as a base on the lid.  It's just not creamy enough to blend out.  It pulls at my eyelids.  I am not a fan.  I'm sure it would go great under the lower lashline as a base for eyeshadow...but honestly, I don't even touch it.  I will say that it has super staying power too...this stuff is a pain to get off lol. 

It's so pretty isn't it?  What a shame that it sits untouched lol.  Here is the look that I came up with using the purple pigment and eyeliner gel.  (I posted this on makeup geek as well....so some may remember this!  :) ).


I had a hard time capturing this look....but thought I would share anyway!!  I was super excited to get Inglot but I really wasn't overly impressed.  I like going into the store and seeing the shadows and swatching them, etc...and leaving with them haha.  I'm not saying that I wouldn't order from Inglot again because I haven't given their regular eyeshadows a chance yet!!  ;)  I'm sorry I rambled so much haha....I hope this helps anyone thinking of ordering! 

9 comments:

  1. Awesome post/review. OMG that #85 is amazing in all shades from the base, Especially that black bean!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg now I am freaked out! I ordered a billion shadows but no pigments. guess we'll see tomorrow how they turn out. yeah that totally looks like club, to obad its such a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about getting #75 liner since I have #77 (black) and that swatch really makes me want to have it even more :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always hesitant about loose eyeshadows because I suck at applying them! I always get tons of fallout even with glue-like bases. That gel liner is amazing though! I think I'll look into those when I visit Inglot in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @make-me up: Thank you!
    @Amalia: Don't be freaked out...you've already been wearing the e/s and love them...I haven't tried the e/s....yet...haha
    @Duvessa: The #75 liner is a good buy! How is the #77? Do you like it better than Blacktrack?
    @Cydonian: I use MAC pigments without a problem...these just seems ultra messy lol. You definitely should try the gel liner!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That eye pencil looks beautiful! Haha I know it's bad but I'm kinda glad you don't have a raving review of these otherwise I'd wanna go buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha...it's not bad...I totally understand how you feel!! I would feel the same after your experience!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review! I know you're new to blogger but I gave you an award on my blog! You should go check it out! Looking forward to more posts!

    makeupandmeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete